Has a positive effect on microcirculation
Coumarins are a family of natural substances found in plants.
The family of coumarins is characterized by a great heterogeneity, making them effective for the treatment and prevention of numerous ailments.
Among the various properties of coumarins:
- phlebotonic action on the microcirculation: they increase the resistance of the capillaries and decrease the permeability of the capillaries
- anticoagulant action: they block the synthesis of Vitamin K responsible for blood clotting processes
- spasmolytic action on smooth muscles
- antibacterial and antiviral action
- photosensitive action: they stimulate skin pigmentation
The term coumarin comes from Coumarona odorata, a South American legume from which the molecule was first isolated in 1820.